Eirene is committed to
making sure your donation
or monthly commitment is
effective and is going to
make a difference!
You can learn more about
our promise to you >>
Ministry blog, "Real Change"
NEW COMPUTERS! - MONTHLY REPORT EIRENE EDUCATION CENTER – DECEMBER 2010
· This month, we were finally able to receive fifteen new computers that were brought down by a member of a supporting church in Oregon. Evergreen PCA, from Beaverton, Oregon, helped donate half of the costs of these computers and the other half was purchased through funds obtained from the yearly benefit concert, “Notes of Change II.”
· The students of the Education center presented to their parents the annual Christmas program. The children shared songs and presented a brief skit to their parents. Afterward, the parents, students and teachers were all able to enjoy a meal together to celebrate.
· Certificates of recognition were handed out to the students with the best overall grade average in their class and also for the student with the best behavior in each class.
· The parents who attended all six weeks of the parenting classes were also honored in being presented with a certificate for their attendance and participation.
· Lincoln School helped out in a big way this year by preparing a Christmas party for the children of the education center. They planned out various games for the children to play, performed a skit for the children, and brought along prizes and gifts for the students as well. This has become a yearly practice of the Lincoln School and we are very thankful for their generosity to the children of Santa Ana in this way.
· The students of the education all received their period ending grades and a meeting was held with each student’s parents to talk with them about how to best help their child.
· Through the month of December, the amount of students we are currently serving is:
Three year olds: 10 Four year olds: 11 Kindergarten: 10 First: 12 Second: 10 Third: 3 INEA: 1 Total: 57
Submitted by: GUSTAVO MÉNDEZ RUBIO
Parenting Classes 2010 continued Enjoying an activity during the parenting classes Sharing songs with the parents Receiving recognition for good performance in school Parents who attended all of the six sessions of parenting classes. Congratulations!
Posted by Jonathan Cummings on 19th January, 2011 | Comments | Trackbacks
The trackback URL for this page is http://www.eireneministry.com/trackback?post=23032753
There are no trackbacks for this post
There are no comments for this post
Post a Comment
HTML is not allowed in comments, http://... will be automatically linked.